Six FAU researchers and two MAP lecturers among most highly cited in their subject
Nearly 6200 researchers from 21 disciplines from across the globe recognised as ‘Highly Cited Researchers’
This year, six FAU researchers whom of two are MAP lecturers are among the most highly cited researchers in their field. The Highly Cited Researchers List names almost 6200 of the most influential researchers across the globe in 21 different disciplines.
Their achievements are proven on the basis of multiple highly-cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and year in the Web of Science, a portal which brings together various citation and literature databases. This year, researchers from the USA are in the pole position, followed by China and the UK. With a total of 345 researchers, Germany is in fourth place.
Six researchers from FAU have been included in this prestigious circle of ‘Highly Cited Researchers’:
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Achenbach, Chair of Internal Medicine II, in the category ‘Clinical Medicine’
- Prof. Dr. Christoph J. Brabec, Chair of Materials Science (Materials in Electronics and Energy Technology), in the category ‘Materials Science’
- Prof. Dr. Markus Neurath, Chair of Internal Medicine I, in the category ‘Cross-field’
- Prof. Dr. Georg Schett, Chair of Internal Medicine III, in the category ‘Clinical Medicine’
- Prof. Dr. Patrik Schmuki, Chair of Materials Science (Corrosion and Surface Technology), in the category ‘Cross-field’
- Prof. Dr. Robert Schober, Chair of Digital Communications, in the category ‘Computer Science’.
The list of the world’s most highly cited researchers is published by Clarivate Analytics on an annual basis. The entire list and detailed information on the analysis is available on the Web of Science website.
FAU Press Office
Phone +49 9131 8570229