This page contains a summary of important links.
Who to turn to for specific advice?
- Büro für Gender and Diversity
for questions and incidents related to disability, gender, and sexual harassment
- Career Service
for advice on your professional life
- Central Office for International Affairs (RIA)
e.g. can help you to organize a stay abroad
- Faculty of Engineering
for an overview of MAP’s host faculty
- FAU regulations regarding illness during examination period
- International Office of the Faculty of Engineering
organizes e. g. introduction and information on first steps for international students coming to FAU; individual advice around issues pertaining to foreign matters
- Language centre for German and other language courses
- Library – Science and Technology Branch (TNZB)
- MAP section on StudON
for lecture material. It is encouraged to visit this site to download course material and carry out certain administrative activities relating to your course (registration of miniprojects, signing up for exams etc.)
- Online Student A-Z
words which students need to know for life at university
- Psychologisch – Psychotherapeutische Beratungsstelle
for advice and psychological support
- Student Association as the official students’ committees within the different faculties
- Student Advice and Career Service (IBZ)
- Students’ councils of the Materials Science and Engineering and Chemical and Biological Engineering Departments
Students’ councils (Fachschaften) are student organizations linked to departments or degree programmes in which students represent their fellows’ interests, are contact persons for them and organize events. Although MAP students elect two students per year group to represent them, MAP does not (yet) have an own students’ council. MAP students are explicitly encouraged to get involved in the two mentioned students’ councils.
- Student Records Office
- Volunteering as a Buddy for MAP Newcomers
Who to turn to for student activities around culture, religion and sports?
- List of supported student groups and initiatives by the Studierendenvertretung
- Religious groups:
- Groups for students of all subjects, nationalities, denominations, and religions organized by Christians:
- For Moslems
- University sports programme (Allgemeiner Hochschulsport)